Jessie J’s hit single’s from her platinum selling album “Who You Are”, “Domino” and “Laserlight” have both been charted in the best selling singles of 2012 in the UK, Jessie has charted alongside Rihanna, Rita Ora, Nicki Minaj, Carly Rae Jepsen, Emelie Sande and Adele. check out the top 20 list below.
- Carly Rae Jepsen – Call Me Maybe (1,105,000)
- Nicki Minaj – Starships (850,000)
- Jessie J – Domino (735,000)
- Emeli Sande – Next To Me (605,000)
- Adele – Skyfall (450,000)
- Rihanna – Diamonds (445,000)
- Rita Ora ft. Tinie Tempah – RIP (440,000)
- Cheryl Cole – Call My Name (415,000)
- Rihanna – Where Have You Been (415,000)
- Kelly Clarkson – Stronger (What Does not Kill You) (405,000)
- Taylor Swift – We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (405,000)
- Tulisa – Young (380,000)
- Azealia Banks ft. Lazy Jay – 212 (370,000)
- Rita Ora – How We Do (Party) (340,000)
- Katy Perry – Part Of Me (335,000)
- Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris – We Found Love (315,000)
- Alyssa Reid ft. Jump Smokers – Alone Again (310,000)
- Nicki Minaj – Pound the Alarm (310,000)
- Jessie J ft.David Guetta – Laserlight (295 000)
- Emeli Sande – Read All About It Pt 3 (295000)
Jessie has came in 6th place with ‘Domino’ as biggest selling single of 2012 in the UK, this news comes day’s after hearing Jessie’s debut album ‘Who You Are’ is still in the top 10 of biggest selling albums in the UK after being released in February of 2011 check out the full list below.
- First Gotye ft. Kimbra – Somebody That I Used To Know
- Carly Rae Jespen – Call Me Maybe
- Fun – We Are Young
- David Guetta ft Sia – Titanium
- Nicki Minaj – Starship
- Jessie J – Domino
- Maroon 5 – Payphone
- Flo Rida ft Sia – Wild Ones
- PSY – Gangnum Style
- Emile Sande – Next To Me
Even after being released in February of 2011 ‘Who You Are’ Jessie’s debut album is still in the UK’s best selling album of 2012 along side Emile Sande, Adele, Rihanna and Ed Sheeran although not the end of the year so far, Who You Are seems to be staying for good at the #7 spot, In related news Who you are has sold more than 12 million copies worldwide.
Check out the top 10 albums below:
01. Emeli Sandé: Our Version of Events
02. Adele: 21
03. Lana Del Rey: Born to Die
04. Ed Sheeran: +
05. Coldplay: Mylo Xyloto
06. Mumford & Sons: Babel
07. Jessie J: Who You Are
08. Rihanna: Talk That Talk
09. Paloma Faith: Fall to Grace
10. One Direction: Up All Night
Jessie’s debut Album ‘Who You Are’ looks set to return to the UK top 10 this Sunday (August 19) after her performance at the Olympics Closing Ceremony last Sunday night. Many other artist including Elbow, Spice Girls and Emeli Sande are among the other artist who will re-enter the top 10 this Sunday. Jessie’s Who You Are has gone up 23 places to #15 succeeding Justin Bieber’s Believe which has only been in the charts for 8 weeks and One Directions Up All Night. Make sure to buy your copy of Who You are from Itunes NOW!.
For only being in the industry for 2 years Jessie is doing well for her self. This week is no different it’s been announced that the ‘Price Tag’ singer has been named the #1 most played artist in Ireland according to Phonographic Performance Ireland Limited Jessie’s single Price Tag narrowly beat the American band Maroon 5’s worldwide hit Moves like Jagger, While managing to also beat the biggest selling UK Female artist last year Adele’s Rolling in the Deep and even fellow Voice Judge Danny’s Band The Script. Well done Jessie we heartbeats are proud of you!
The Official Charts has revealed the 150 top-selling titles since 2001 in the UK: “ Domino ”is ranked 116th , “ Do It Like A Dude ”is 127th and “ Price Tag ”is18th in the best-selling song since 2001 ! Congrats to Jessie for getting 3 songs from her first album, we are proud of you Jessie!!
Jessie J has cracked the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 for the first time in her career with Domino moving up five places to 10th position. The current UK singles chart-topper saw its US sales increase week-on-week by 25% to around 122,000 units and send cumulative sales above 900,000 downloads, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Jessie J’s first and only other Hot 100 hit, Price Tag featuring B.o.B., reached number 23 last year and has been certified platinum status by the RIAA for 1 million US sales, while her debut album Who You Are peaked at number 11 on the Billboard 200 and now includes Domino in its overhauled Platinum Edition.
Jessie J has clinched another week at the top of the UK singles chart, hanging on to the number one spot with her track Domino. The 23-year-old star knocked American rapper Flo Rida off the top spot last week and on Sunday his track Good Feeling slipped to number five. Also In The States Jessie’s ‘Domino’ is #15 moving up 2 places from last weeks position at number 17. ‘Domino’ is #9 Pop Songs, #18 Radio songs, #16 Hot Digital Songs, and in Canada #12.
- “Domino” is #1 in the UK and Philippines, #3 in Ireland, Malta, New Zealand, #5 in Australia, Peru and Sri Lanka, #6 in Indonesia, #7 in Maritius, #8 in the United Arab Emirates, #9 in Slovenia, #10 in Thailand, #11 in Turkey, #12 in Bulgaria, #15 in The Netherlands, #16 in Iceland, #16 in Luxembourg, #17 in USA, #19 in Lithuania, #20 in Lebanon, #21 in Guam, #22 in Germany, #24 in Dutch Antilles, #25 in Canada, #28 in Denmark and Sweden, #33 in Slovakia, #37 in Brazil, #42 in Greece, #53 in Austria and in Poland and finally #93 in in Malaysia.
- On the Billboard charts “Domino” is #11 Pop Songs, #28 Radio songs, #17 Hot Digital songs.
After the release of Jessie’s ‘Domino’ music Video, ‘Domino’ has began moving up the charts in both the US and the UK. ‘Domino’ is #5 on the UK Top 40 while in the US it is #21 on the Top 100, #17 on Pop Songs, #35 on Radio Songs, #23 on Hot Digital songs, #35 Billboard Canadian Top 100 and Finale #35 on Adult Pop Songs.